Parent/Staff Advisory (PSA) - A Voice For Parents And StaffPSA Purpose
The Program Advisory Committee established in 2011, grew out of both the TFC Parent/Staff Advisory Committee and a Strategic Planning Process in 2010. The Parent/Staff Advisory Committee was initially established in 2000 to increase input regarding program services from foster parents and staff. The 2010 strategic planning process gave rise to recommendations to increase family, youth and consumer voice in program planning and evaluation.
The Program Advisory Committee was created to provide a forum for program stakeholders (foster parents, alumni, staff, community partners, state and local government) to provide input, offer opinions and share their expertise in order to strengthen TFC program and services. Areas of focus include program services, initiatives and practices, program outcomes, foster parent retention and recruitment, community building, program funding and marketing.Accomplishments
- Treatment parent and staff voice in program direction
- Increased recognition to treatment foster families -
*Bonus checks - Giant gift cards - Recognition events and awards*
- Respite pay raises
- Community open house events
- The PSA is recruiting new members to join the Committee
- New opportunity for parents who join the Committee to serve as Parent Liaisons
- PSA meets approx. 6 times/year and members make a commitment to serve at least one/year.
- Those unable to make a one-year commitment are welcome to attend any meeting.
- Call Dawn Moore at 443-923-3800 if you would like to attend.
Meetings are held at 2901 East Biddle Street. To learn more about joining the committee or becoming a Parent Liaison, call us at 443-923-3800.